Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Returning to "normal"

So it’s been several days now since the trip and I have had some rest and starting to get in the mood to ride after dinner again. Since it’s for pleasure and not training I don’t feel the need to wolf down a banana and a glass of water 30 minutes before riding but it is a good thing to do. I’ll drag a friend or two out this week, listen to them whine about how hot it is then see if my legs will find themselves and go zoom-zoom!

I had almost forgotten about the phone on my desk. Man, that thing rings a lot! I think I’ll go on another trip so I can forget the phone. That was nice!

Rance and I have decided to go to Austin in October and be a part of Lance Armstrong’s “Ride for the Roses” event. You know those yellow rubber wrist bands? Well, this is grand central for those. There will be thousands of cyclist there riding different mileage lengths. We are going for the 100 mile (century) ride. I’m excited!

One thing that I found I like to do (call me sick!) is climb the hills. It’s hard but when I pace myself and just take my time, the reward of overlooking the valley’s is the best!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home