Saturday, July 23, 2005

The day after (it's called withdrawal)

And what does one do after 14 days of riding? Mow the yard! That was my first thought this morning. Ok, that’s a lie! My first thought was what day is this and where do I ride to? Then I realized that I was in my own bed and had been asleep for almost 11 hours. Got up and saw Terri off to the River City 5K this morning and then I really did start working in the yard. I could have sold the backyard as hay and I mowed it the day before I left.

Honest, I’m lost in K-Mart today! I have taken the bags off the bike and will remove the rack so it looks like the bad boy road bike that it is. The frame is filthy and the chain needs major work but we made it for 14 days. So Specialized bikes are champs in my book.

I’ve been eating like I’m still riding. Everyone has said that I should take a week off. Something tells me that I’ll sneak out at first light in the morning and ride before church.

My aunt Beck passed away in Alabama this morning. Mom told us we’re not supposed to have favorites but she was mine! Funniest southern lady I’ve ever come across. Lived on the TN River and had a boat house that we would jump off of. They owned a grocery store so after we swam we could go to the store and load up on candy! Her kids and husband are good as gold. Aunt Beck, thank you for some of my favorite childhood memories! I’ll miss you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

I'm really sorry to hear about your aunt Geo. I'm glad you had a nice time on the ride and enjoy your rest day.

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home