Thursday, July 07, 2005

Yep, it's all for the kids!

TV, radio, newspapers ... wow the story is really getting out there! If you're one of those outlet's, thank you!

Here's all the big questions of the day (so far):

1) Are you ready? Yes!! Even if you ask my trainer, Rance Bryant, he's even saying "yes" now! That's a good sign!

2) Are you nervous? Yep that too! It's more the excitment you get just before a big trip. You know, did I remember to pack my toothbrush.

3) How's the donations coming? Looking good but still a ways to go.

4) How's Terri (your wife) doing? HA! She's a nervous wreck! Our son returned to Denver today after being here for a couple of weeks, she accidently bumped the Explorer on the side of the garage as she was backing out (just cracked the rearview mirror, not major at all), she pulled off a great send off party for me last night, her list goes on and on.... the girl doesn't stop!

5) Did you really crash on the train tracks? Yes and it bit me too! I was riding with friends a couple of weeks ago and we were returning and in a pace line and I hit the tracks, which were not straight across, and my wheel dropped in and flipped me going 24 mph! But I'm fine thanks to my bike helmet!

6) Why Children's? Because I work there and I love it! My boss, Jerry, puts it in perspective by saying, go across the street to the main hospital and walk the halls and see how the staff we recruited are working, caring and changing the lives of kids every day! It's really an amazing staff we have!

7) Is the website you had your journal on coming back? I hope so because all the training journal and stories are there.

8) If you are riding down the road during the trip and a child wants to ride along with you for a moment, will you slow down? (Laughing) You bet ... actually the child will more than likley have to slow down for me to keep up! I know some of our little patients can smoke those little trikes in the halls of ACH! They all deserve the yellow jersey!

9) What's your bike song? I've been known to sing "Jesus loves me" before getting to the top of a hill. I like the old rock stuff really. Seger, Zepplin, ZZ Top. The stuff my buddy Kevin plays.

10) What's your next adventure? Well, I've put most of my free time into this ride so I'm thinking my "honey-do" list will be next next adventure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home